Member Employment Opportunities
Post your job openings on our website to find the best candidates for every job you need to fill. *Must be a Chamber member to submit a job advertisement. Please e-mail ad copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Job Postings
Position Available at Local Architectural Firm (posted 5.28.15)
The Gaines Group, PLC Architectural firm located in Harrisonburg Virginia is seeking intern candidates that are interested in working for a firm dedicated to building a brighter future through design. The ideal candidate will be interested in working on a diverse range of projects from residential and multi-family to commercial and industrial. Our family friendly environment allows for flexibility in schedule but requires that our client’s expectations are met in full on every project. A desire to learn about construction materials and building science and how that impacts design decision is critical.
If you meet the requirements below please respond to email@example.com with a copy of your resume and portfolio.
•Architectural Degree from Accredited University
•Previous Design Experience not required but preferred
•Dedicated, energetic and willing to grow with our team
Base Pay: Per Experience
Employment Type Full-Time
Education 4 Year Degree Minimum
Experience 0-3 years
Assistant Store Manager - (posted 3.2.15)
Sprint is seeking qualified candidates for an Assistant Store Manager position available at our Harrisonburg location. This position manages the store employees and day-to-day operations. Qualified candidates must be familiar with all aspects of wireless retail, focusing specifically on operational excellence, loss prevention and the hiring, training and team leadership of the support staff. Along with the Retail Store Manager, responsible for the sales staff meeting assigned monthly sales goals. This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and 1 year of previous supervisor experience in a retail setting. Candidates must be able to drive sales and motivate team members to exceed sales goals while providing great customer service. If you or someone you know is looking for an opportunity to work for a great company that offers opportunities for growth and a great benefits package, please apply with us today! Please apply with us at unlimityourdata.com/careers. EOE/Drug-Free Workplace
The Reserve at Stone Port (posted 10.24.14)
Harrisonburg’s premier luxury apartment community is seeking a leasing consultant. The ideal candidate will have lease-up experience, possess the ability to multi-task and have exceptional communication skills. Competitive salary and benefits, including 401K. Please send resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 434-282-2530, EOE
Executive Director - Arts Council of the Valley (posted 9.29.14)
The Arts Council of the Valley (ACV), based in Harrisonburg, VA, seeks a full-time Executive Director. ACV is a 501 (C) 3 organization, established in 2000 to promote arts and culture in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. ACV supports and provides memorable arts experiences in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County through its Court Square Theater, Darrin-McHone Gallery and First Fridays Downtown events, supports artists and arts educators through its Advancing the Arts grant program, and nurtures and promotes the arts and an arts-friendly community through partnerships and collaborations.
Core Responsibilities Include
Advancing ACV’s Mission and Vision
- Works with the Board to implement a new organizational strategic plan;
- Is a visible advocate for the arts in a culturally and economically diverse community and advances community arts awareness;
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to increase community awareness and appreciation of ACV and the arts through a variety of media and networks;
- Fosters community connections and outreach initiatives that are encouraged by granting agencies, especially the Virginia Commission for the Arts;
- Responds to staff, board member and community concerns promptly and professionally.
Development and Fundraising
- Establishes annual fundraising goals and provides progress reports to the board, staff and community;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive annual fundraising plan that supports ACV’s strategic initiatives and growth including individual solicitations, annual appeal, sponsorships, event fundraising, and grants;
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of philanthropic giving trends;
- Identifies and develops new fundraising sources and revenue streams;
- Leads, manages and coordinates all fundraising efforts including the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of private funds and in-kind gifts from donors, local businesses, foundations, corporations and organizations;
- Ensures local, state and national public funding support for the organization by writing, submitting and complying with public funding proposals;
- Maximizes professional and community networking opportunities to strengthen fundraising;
- Encourages board involvement in fundraising;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports to the board on the effectiveness of events;
- Maintains donor data and letters, emails, confirmations, invoicing and tax receipts associated with donations;
- Oversees donor recognition.
Promoting and Strengthening Core Programs
- Monitors and assesses current programs and services of ACV to ensure maximum effectiveness;
- Collaborates with the Court Square Theater manager, marketing manager, board and volunteers to grow audiences, strengthen awareness of and increase participation in all core ACV programming.
- Works with the staff, board and community organizations to develop arts programming in all of its venues that is balanced in content, represents diversity, and addresses a variety of interests in the community;
- Evaluates and advises the board on any proposals or requests for new programming;
- Manages ACV's re-granting program, Advancing the Arts grants.
Collaborating and Partnering to Nurture and Grow a Vibrant Arts Community
- Builds a positive, collaborative relationship with other arts organizations, area non-profits, local government, private and public institutions that support ACV’s vision.
- Provides information, leadership, counsel, and professional expertise to the staff and board;
- Works collaboratively with staff to promote positive team operations that create an efficient, friendly, customer-oriented atmosphere at ACV and the Court Square Theater;
- Ensures the adequacy and integrity of all financial operations;
- Prepares a balanced annual operating budget for board adoption that supports the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the organization;
- Provides regular, timely internal financial statements to the board and brings significant budget deviations to the board’s attention;
- Conducts annual staff performance evaluations;
- Reviews personnel policies and issues with the board in a timely manner;
- Coordinates and monitors efficient use of the Smith House and Darrin-McHone Gallery, including art exhibitions, visitors and rental space to enhance revenue;
- Monitors and oversees the organization’s maintenance plan and ensures that all facilities are well maintained.
Desired Training and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, master’s degree preferred. The successful candidate must be an articulate advocate of arts in the community. Experience in working with an arts or other non-profit organization, specifically in the area of fundraising, is expected. Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills are essential. This is a full-time, salaried position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three references to: Search Committee, Arts Council of the Valley, at the following email: email@example.com . The position will remain open until filled. Applications received by October 12, 2014, will receive the fullest consideration. For more information visit: http://www.valleyarts.org/
Major Employers in the Harrisonburg & Rockingham Area
|Banta Corporation||Book publishing & printing||300-599|
|ComSonics, Inc.||Telecommunications equipment||100-299|
|Coors Brewing Company||Malt beverages||300-599|
|Graham Packaging Co.||Plastic bottles||300-599|
|Intrapac, Inc.||Aluminum extruded products||300-599|
|Merck & Company Inc.||Pharmaceuticals||1000-1499|
|Perdue Farms, Inc.||Poutry processing||600-999|
|Pilgrim's Pride Corporation||Poultry processing||1500-2499|
|R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company||Book printing||1000-1499|
|Tenneco Automotive, Inc.||Motor vehicle parts||600-999|
|Tyson Foods, Inc.||Poultry processing||300-599|
|Valley Blox, Inc.||Concrete products||100-299|
|WhiteWave Foods||Milk/soy products||100-299|
|James Madison University||Higher education||2500-4999|
|Rockingham Memorial Hospital||Health care||1500-2499|
|Wal Mart||Retail distribution||600-999|
*Source: Rockingham County Economic Development 2013 - 540-437-9868
Employment Agencies & Additional Resources:
Adams and Garth Staffing Solutions
Adecco Employment Services
Shenandoah Valley Society for Human Resource Management
Virginia Employment Commission