Monthly Events: Business Smarts Educational Sessions, Business After Hours and the following Committees: Ambassadors, Membership, Public Policy, Regional Business Alliances and Aging in Place Roundtable.
Every Other Month Events: Member Success Orientations
Quarterly Events: Business at Breakfast, Leadership Smarts and Shenandoah Women’s Alliance
Register for all Chamber Events using our Events Calendar.
- Annual Banquet · Thursday, January 8
- Economic Outlook · April 1
- Post-Session Legislative Breakfast · April 30
- ValleyFest20 at Massanutten Resort · Saturday, September 19
- Valley Business Give Back June – Cancelled in 2020
- Presidential Address at Spotswood Country Club · August 13
- Golf Tournament at Woodstone Meadows Golf Course at Massanutten · September 10
- Connections2020 at JMU Festival Center · October 8 (date changed from 10/15/2020)
- Pre-Session Legislative Breakfast · Winter
- Shop Local Holiday Campaign · Shop Small · Saturday, November 28
Business After Hours – 5:00-7:00 pm
*Note the BAH’s are for HRCC Member’s Only.
- January 23 – Non-Profit Showcase at Massanetta Springs
- February 20 – Bob Wade Subaru
- March 19 – First Citizens Bank – postponed
- April 16 – Capital Ale House – postponed
- May 7 – EPIC/ Town of Elkton – postponed
- June 18 – Appalachian Physical Therapy
- July 23 – Harrisonburg OBGYN
- August 6 – Hotel Madison
- September 17 – First Bank & Trust
- October 8 – Connections2020
- November 5 – Pioneer Bank
Register for all Business After Hours using our Events Calendar.
Business Smarts – Information You Can Use Every Day
Business Smarts is coordinated by the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center and your Chamber. The sessions are held the second Friday of each month from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. at the JMU Ice House (127 West Bruce Street, Harrisonburg). Free to all attendees.
2020 Topics Include: Life Skills · Customer Service · Top Apps for Businesses · Marketing that Matters · Wellness & Prevention · Cyber Security · Networking · Public Speaking · Professional Feedback · Accounting & Taxes.
In 2019: Leadership Smarts – coordinated in partnership with Dove Development & Consulting
This quarterly series will focus on providing relevant topics you can immediately implement in your organization or personal leadership journey. John Maxwell says “Leadership develops daily, not in a day,” so every piece you can add matters!
Emerging leaders will love the foundation Leadership Gold provides. Experienced leaders will enjoy the advantage Maxwell’s insights give. Mentoring leaders will want to use the nuggets provided to develop the next generation of leaders. All will benefit from insights given from Dove Development & Consulting’s nearly 40 years of combined leadership experience. Join us for this quarterly Leadership Smarts Series as Dove Development & Consulting guides area leaders in developing their leadership and communication skills at the highest level.
About the presenters:
Wes Dove is the founder of Dove Development & Consulting, a company committed to providing premium leadership and personnel development resources, as well as strategic business development support, to organizations and individuals who want to reach that next level. Wes is an independent certified coach, trainer, and speaker with The John Maxwell Team and a Certified Human Behavior Consultant using The DISC Model of Human Behavior through Personality Insights. Wes served on the 2016 and 2017 John C. Maxwell Transformational Leadership Award Selection Committees as well as the 2017 LIVE2LEAD Simulcast Advisory Committee, providing mentorship and guidance to more than 300 simulcast hosts around the world.
Cindy Dove Having a background of 23 years in the healthcare field with responsibility for operations, sales and a focus on senior living, applying a foundation of John Maxwell’s leadership principles, Cindy created high levels of success for the teams and companies she served. In 2016, she joined Dove Development & Consulting as an independent certified coach, trainer, and speaker with The John Maxwell Team. She is also a Certified Human Behavior Consultant using The DISC Model of Human Behavior through Personality Insights and was recently named an Executive Director with The John Maxwell Team, licensing her to deliver the same leadership development content that corporations such as Microsoft, Delta Airlines, Chick-fil-A, and Hendrick Motorsports had previously only had access to through a select few consultants with The John Maxwell Company.
Register for all Business Smarts and Leadership Smarts Professional Development Sessions using our Events Calendar.