Monthly Events: Business Smarts Educational Sessions, Business After Hours and the following Committees: Ambassadors, Membership, Public Policy, Regional Business Alliances and Aging in Place Roundtable.
Every Other Month Events: Member Success Orientations
Quarterly Events: Business at Breakfast, Leadership Smarts, Shenandoah Women’s Alliance, Speed Networking
Register for all Chamber Events using our Events Calendar.
- Annual Banquet · Thursday, January 3
- Economic Outlook · Spring
- Post-Session Legislative Breakfast · April 8th
- ValleyFest at Massanutten Resort · Saturday, May 25
- Presidential Address at Spotswood Country Club · August 12
- Golf Tournament at Woodstone Meadows Golf Course | Massanutten · September 6
- Connections 2019 at JMU Festival Center · October 3
- Pre-Session Legislative Breakfast · December 5
- Shop Local Holiday Campaign · Shop Small · Saturday, November 30
Annual Events for 2020
- Annual Banquet | Wednesday, January 8, 2020
- ValleyFest: Shenandoah Valley Beer and Wine Festival | May 23, 2020
- Golf Tournament | September 18, 2020
- Connections2020 | October 15, 2020
Register for all Chamber Annual Events using our Events Calendar.
2019 Business After Hours
*Typically held the third Thursday of each month from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at a Chamber Member location unless otherwise noted. (These are Chamber Member Only Events).
- January 17 – Non-Profit Roundtable at DoubleTree by Hilton
- February 21 – Bluestone Vineyard
- March 21 – Commonwealth One FCU
- April 18 – The Spa at Massanutten
- May 2 – PBMares
- June 20 – Broadway Hometown Partnership
- July 18 – The Reserve at Stone Port
- August 8 – Blue Ridge Bank
- September 19 – The Community Foundation
- October 3 – Connections 2019
- November 7 – Brix & Columns Vineyards
Register for all Business After Hours using our Events Calendar.
Business Smarts – Information You Can Use Every Day
Business Smarts is coordinated by the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center and your Chamber. The sessions are held the second Friday of each month from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. at the JMU Ice House (127 West Bruce Street, Harrisonburg). Free to all attendees.
2019 Topics Include: Life Skills · Customer Service · Top Apps for Businesses · Marketing that Matters · Wellness & Prevention · Cyber Security · Networking · Public Speaking · Professional Feedback · Accounting & Taxes.
In 2019: Leadership Smarts – coordinated in partnership with Dove Development & Consulting
This quarterly series will focus on providing relevant topics you can immediately implement in your organization or personal leadership journey. John Maxwell says “Leadership develops daily, not in a day,” so every piece you can add matters!
Emerging leaders will love the foundation Leadership Gold provides. Experienced leaders will enjoy the advantage Maxwell’s insights give. Mentoring leaders will want to use the nuggets provided to develop the next generation of leaders. All will benefit from insights given from Dove Development & Consulting’s nearly 40 years of combined leadership experience. Join us for this quarterly Leadership Smarts Series as Dove Development & Consulting guides area leaders in developing their leadership and communication skills at the highest level.
About the presenters:
Wes Dove is the founder of Dove Development & Consulting, a company committed to providing premium leadership and personnel development resources, as well as strategic business development support, to organizations and individuals who want to reach that next level. Wes is an independent certified coach, trainer, and speaker with The John Maxwell Team and a Certified Human Behavior Consultant using The DISC Model of Human Behavior through Personality Insights. Wes served on the 2016 and 2017 John C. Maxwell Transformational Leadership Award Selection Committees as well as the 2017 LIVE2LEAD Simulcast Advisory Committee, providing mentorship and guidance to more than 300 simulcast hosts around the world.
Cindy Dove Having a background of 23 years in the healthcare field with responsibility for operations, sales and a focus on senior living, applying a foundation of John Maxwell’s leadership principles, Cindy created high levels of success for the teams and companies she served. In 2016, she joined Dove Development & Consulting as an independent certified coach, trainer, and speaker with The John Maxwell Team. She is also a Certified Human Behavior Consultant using The DISC Model of Human Behavior through Personality Insights and was recently named an Executive Director with The John Maxwell Team, licensing her to deliver the same leadership development content that corporations such as Microsoft, Delta Airlines, Chick-fil-A, and Hendrick Motorsports had previously only had access to through a select few consultants with The John Maxwell Company.
Register for all Business Smarts and Leadership Smarts Professional Development Sessions using our Events Calendar.