Driver Improvement Classes
The Chamber offers the Driver Improvement Class online in the English and Spanish language. However, to receive credit for the course and to receive your Certificate of Completion to satisfy court or DMV requirements, you must take the final exam in-person at the Chamber Office during normal business hours Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Click here for more information or take the online class.
The National Safety Council’s Driver Improvement Course is a driver training class used internationally to train drivers in preventing motor vehicle collisions. The class’s purposes are to:
- Train drivers in professional collision avoidance techniques through standardized classroom courses; and
- Promote an attitude of mutual understanding, courtesy, and cooperation so that driving is a more civilized, pleasant, safe, and successful activity for all concerned.
Classes are held upstairs at the Chamber Office, located at 800 Country Club Road, Harrisonburg. Saturday classes start at 8:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch break. Upon successful completion of the class, you will receive a certificate for which you will be responsible for delivering to the Court or DMV. You may also be eligible to receive credit points on your driving record. Call your state’s DMV office for details.
Fee: $60 ($65 for 2018 courses)
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Saturday, December 9, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 16, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, January 13, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
- Saturday, January 20, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
- Saturday, January 27, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
- Saturday, February 3, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
- Saturday, February 17, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
- Saturday, February 24, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
*indicates $65 registration fee for 2018 courses
Students must register at the Chamber of Commerce Office, located at 800 Country Club Road. Registration hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. The course fee must be paid at time of registration and you will need to present your Drivers License. Cash, check and credit cards are accepted with proper ID. No students will be permitted without prior class registration. Class size is limited to 18 students and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call the Chamber for availability.
* Please note:
- This is not a behind the wheel road course
- Our course does not satisfy requirements for a Commercial Driver’s License.