• Broad Porch Coffee Co. will have a coffee camper in the lot between Weaver’s Christmas Trees and Gray Jay Provisions for the month of December. Check out our most recent blog about the cozy camper here!
• Fluffy Fannies has opened in the Agora Downtown Market. Stop by to welcome them and check out their assortment of natural baby products.
• James Madison University’s Football Coach Mike Houston has accepted another position with East Carolina University.
• Same location, fresh new look! The Rite Aid on the corner of Route 42 and Mt. Clinton Park has transitioned to a Walgreens!
• There is a new Dollar General off of Route 11 on Tyco Road in Harrisonburg.
• Harrisonburg City Schools will put a plan into motion to install solar panels across 5 city schools—the largest array in Virginia!
• Be on the lookout for new bicycle signs in Harrisonburg!
• Looking for photogenic places around Harrisonburg for your next photoshoot? Photographer Frank Doherty—who has exhibited his work in the Wilson Downtown Gallery—has compiled a list in his blog—check it out!
• withSimplicity has kicked off the Holiday season with 12 Days of Deals—a different deal on their health and beauty products every day. They’re about half-way through, but it’s not too late to join their mailing list and be the first to know about the Deal of the Day!
• Celebrate the Season with your office at Harrisonburg’s Largest Office Holiday Party at Hotel Madison on December 18th! Come mix & mingle with other local offices without having to worry about the party prep or clean up! Tickets available here.
holiday open house
Holiday Open House
You’re invited to our annual Holiday Open House Friday December 7th from 5-8pm! We’ll have kid’s Holiday crafts, hot beverages, delicious goodies from Beyond and Billy Jack’s, cookies and treats! From 6-7pm enjoy live music with the Tremolo Flute Trio and warm up before the Christmas Parade stats at 7pm (we’re right on the parade route on Main Street in downtown Harrisonburg!). Get more details >>>
from the blog
Community Events: Holiday Roundup
We’ve decided to dust off last year’s Holiday Roundup and update it for 2018 – we hope you find it helpful! There are lots of things to do in the Harrisonburg area, and it can often feel overwhelming trying to sort through all of the parades, concerts, and open houses. See more now >>
Broad Porch Coffee Camper
It’s December in Harrisonburg, and you need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up in the form of a hot caffeinated beverage. Meet Phil and the Broad Porch Coffee Camper! Stop by to see this cute-and-cozy camper for a cuppa hot java (or cocoa).
Learn more now >>
New listings are up by 20% as compared to last year. In addition, the year-to-date and rolling month averages for new listings have both increased slightly as compared to last year.
See more now >>
wilson downtown gallery
DECEMBER + JANUARY //
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Rachel Burchfield Solo Show
We are excited to welcome Rachel Burchfield to the gallery for the months of December and January! Rachel specializes in acrylic pour art and we’re excited to be able to showcase such colorful pieces for a good cause!
Learn more about Rachel >>
Join us Friday December 7th from 5-8pm!
NEW WEBSITE //
Wilson Downtown Gallery New Website!
We are very excited to launch the WDG’s own website! Find out information about our current and upcoming shows, read artist testimonials, apply to be an artist in our gallery, and much more!
Explore the full website here at www.wilsondowntowngallery.com!
real estate market brief
(+22% from YTD2017)
(-14% from YTD2017)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+9% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+7% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-5% from YTD2017)
our new listings
12.07 First Fridays Downtown @ Downtown Harrisonburg [map]
12.12 A Christmas Carol @ Bridgewater Church of the Brethren [map]
12.14 A Very HBurg Christmas Concert @ Church of the Incarnation [map]
12.15 Mountain Highrise LIVE @ The Friendly Fermenter [map]
12.16 Holiday Market @ Gray Jay Provisions [map]
12.31 First Night Harrisonburg @ Downtown Harrisonburg [map]
12.31 New Year’s Bash @ Hotel Madison [map]
12.31 New Year’s in New Orleans @ Rocktown Kitchen [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
Call or text → 540-421-3179
Our mailing address is:
The Harrisonburg Homes Team, Kline May Realty
83 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801