- Have the winter doldrums got you down? Dreaming of summer? Well, 2021 is already looking sunnier with a new wing restaurant headed to town! Island Wing Company Grill & Bar—offering a wide variety of baked (not fried) wings—is set to open on University Blvd later in 2021.
- We Scream (and smile) for Ice Cream! Smiley’s Ice Cream just announced that it will build a new ice cream manufacturing facility and retail store at the Don Litten Parkway site in Bridgewater.
- The Cheese Place in the Dayton Farmer’s Market will be expanding to the north end of the building later this Spring.
- Hometown Music has reopened in a new location at 1931 S. High Street after their previous building was leveled by the gas explosion last October.
- Charlottesville’s popular community music school is planning another location in Harrisonburg! Follow The Front Porch on Facebook to stay in the loop.
- Shenandoah Valley Hemp LLC is set to establish a facility in Elkton and will do business under the name Pure Shenandoah.
- The Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce recently released their list of awards, including 2020 Community Champion Award to Andrea Dono, the executive director of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance! Congratulations to all the recipients!
from the blog
The Miller Family bought a school bus. Follow along on their journey as they convert it to a skoolie.
In this second installment, Peyton shares about collecting pennies, prying out rotten plywood, and more.
We are excited to welcome local artist Rebecca Pence to the Wilson Downtown Gallery for her show entitled “this is what grew,” a collection of watercolors from flowers she picked this past summer.
real estate market brief (full year 2020)
Sales – 1,654
Median Sales Price – $244,900
Average Price/SQ FT – $140
Average Days On Market – 43
Chris is an associate broker at Kline May Realty. He began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of the local Salvation Army chapter and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife, two boys, and his family’s beloved schnoodle (miniature schnauzer + poodle), Sadie.