• Happy Birthday America! Stop by downtown Harrisonburg tonight for all the Fourth of July festivities! Love the traditional fireworks? Here’s a list of places to see them (and safety information, too!)
• The Friendly City Fortune is tonight! Tickets are still on sale online until 4pm tonight (or until they sell out)! You can stop by the Ice House to watch live, or keep up-to-date on winning numbers by following their Facebook event. It’s a win-win!
• Henhouse Shoppe has just opened in Elkton. This fashion boutique offers creative styles and trends, and sizes from small-3XL.
• Curious about what’s going into the old Dollar General next to the Friendly City Food Co-op? Well – you don’t have to wait any longer! Gamer Oasis is celebrating their grand opening on July 5th. Check them out for all of your retro video game, trading cards, and hanging out needs.
• Summertime got you hankering for some seafood? Harrisonburg has a new food truck that will help you scratch that itch! Kamaus Kitchen has opened and serves southern-style dishes and seafood.
• In preparation for opening their brick-and-mortar store (we’re so excited!) on North Liberty Street, Mashita has moved their truck there as they continue to work on both providing delicious food and continuing work on their new location.
• As of July 1st, there are a set of new laws that have gone into effect in Virginia. To view the list, click here.
• Tired of fighting the big companies for fast internet? Glo Fiber—a fiber internet, TV and Phone company—is coming to Harrisonburg soon!
from the blog
Summer Fun with the Kids
Happy Summer 2019 all! Days at the pool, dripping ice cream cones, concerts…ahhh, the joys of summer. It’s all fun and games until you’ve run out of activities to keep your kids entertained and active. Well—we are here to help! We’ve compiled some fun ideas to do with kids during the summer in and around Harrisonburg!
Read on now >>>
Market Report: June 2019
Happy Summer! We’re seeing decreases across the board in new listings, sales, and contracts as compared to last year. We’re hoping to see these numbers rise in the next couple of months. However, the days on market continue to drop, and we’re seeing a rise in the average price per square feet.
See more now >>
wilson downtown gallery
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Jean Carter Kimble
We are excited to continue to welcome Jean Carter Kimble, a pastel artist that hails from Front Royal, to the Gallery for July! Jean enjoys painting the natural around her, and has written a women’s studies book highlighting her paintings of Biblical Women entitled “The Rich, The Poor, and The Naked.”
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening, be sure to follow us on our Facebook page and check out our new WDG website!
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
(+4% from YTD2018)
(-3 from YTD2018)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+2% from YTD2018)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+5% from YTD2018)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-13% from YTD2018)
|More Market Trends|
7.05 Dance TheBurg Fair @ Circuit Courthouse [map]
7.10 Community Cookout @ Ralph Sampson Park [map]
7.10 Ruby’s Open Mic @ Ruby’s Lounge [map]
7.12 Makeup Masterclass @ withSimplicity [map]
7.12-14 Red Wing Roots @ Natural Chimneys State Park [map]
7.17 Zero Waste Kitchen @ Friendly City Food Co-op [map]
7.19 Cask for a Cause – HDR @ Brothers Craft Brewing [map]
7.20 Christmas in July @ Brothers Craft Brewing [map]
7.25 Valley Business Keynote @ Forbes Center [map]
7.25-8.04 Peter Pan @ Court Square Theater [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.