- Rooted Market—a drive-thru market featuring local vendors—has sprung up in Harrisonburg. Check out their list of producers and learn about how it works on their website.
- Restaurant Month is happening throughout March, sponsored by Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance. Follow their social media for weekly special alerts and a list of participating restaurants.
- After shuttering her doors at the beginning of the pandemic, we’re excited that Regal Cinemas will re-open in Harrisonburg!
- Bowl & Spoon—specializing in Korean bibimbap customizable rice bowls—has opened on University Blvd. Give this new restaurant some love!
- Welcome back to Moe’s! After a change of ownership, Moe’s on Stone Port Blvd. has re-opened at the end of February.
- Broad Porch Coffee has just gotten approval from the town of Grottoes to have their coffee trailer parked on Aspen Ave. Stay tuned for more details coming soon on their social media!
- Renew Boutique—an upscale thrift store that benefits East Gate Ministries—has recently opened in downtown Bridgewater.
- The new Hyatt Place in Harrisonburg is nearly ready for guests—they’re slated to open their doors in June.
- Valley Guard Supply LLC, a startup manufacturing company making PPE, is set to have their facility in Harrisonburg, creating 45 new jobs.
We’re seeing a slight slowdown in new listings YTD as compared to YTD 2020. However, sales are continuing to rise and days on market are still dropping. 26% of total sales were over the asking price, and 1083 homes went under contract within 30 days (during the last 12 months).
We are excited to extend local artist Rebecca Pence’s stay at the Wilson Downtown Gallery for April and May! She will be bringing in some new watercolor pieces, so keep an eye on our social media for updates!
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
(+10% from ’19-’20)
(+14% from ’19-’20)
|MEDIAN SALES PRICE|
(+12% from ’19-’20)
|AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT|
(+11% from from ’19-’20)
|AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET|
(-28% from ’19-’20)
Chris is an associate broker at Kline May Realty. He began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of the local Salvation Army chapter and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife, two boys, and his family’s beloved schnoodle (miniature schnauzer + poodle), Sadie.