•The Friendly City Dance Room has just celebrated their grand opening on Court Square in Harrisonburg! They offer private and group partner lessons and will also host dance parties and events. Check out their website and read our blog about them!
• Mashita has just announced that they are working towards opening a restaurant in Harrisonburg this summer! They’ve been a favorite of ours for quite a while and we are excited to watch them grow!
• Chestnut Ridge Coffee Roasters have officially opened on Old South High (former home of Howard Spangler Paper Co.). Stop by Saturday mornings to check out their new space, or if you’re wanting their delicious coffee throughout the week, you can buy a bag at Montpelier Restaurant and Bar.
• Craving a smoothie in Bridgewater? Well—you’re in luck! Tropical Smoothie now has a food truck in the lot on Rte 42 in Bridgewater.
• Five Guys is opening a location soon in Harrisonburg on the corner of University Blvd. and E. Market Street.
• Potbelly Sandwich Shop is opening soon on E. Market Street by Kroger.
• Local Rotary clubs joined together and donated $100,000 to Rockingham Park at the Crossroads.
• Bring the kids and enjoy a day of learning and fun at Chemfest on March 23rd at JMU’s Physics and Chemistry building.
• Congratulations to the Spotswood Girls Basketball Team for winning their 1st State title since 2016, and the 5th in program history under Coach Dodson!
• JMU’s Lifelong Learning Institute is expanding and will be offering classes in Broadway.
• Randy’s Hardware Market in Agora Market is closing and consolidating back into their original stores. If you’ve ever dreamed about owning your own store or expanding, contact the Agora Market for more details!
from the blog
Friendly City Dance Room
The Friendly City Dance Room is stepping into downtown Harrisonburg! Their new space is at the corner of S. Main Street and E. Market Street on historic Court Square. They celebrated their grand opening on March 9th. Phillip Fusaro and his wife, Erin, wanted to promote community, collaboration, and their love of partner dance.
See more >>>
Market Report February 2019
Inventory is low, low, low! New listings are down 20% as compared to last February. As a result of low inventory, the average days on market continue to drop, and the price per square foot continues to rise. Houses are hitting the market and going under contract quickly.
See more now >>
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Ann Brammer Johnson
We are excited to host Ann’s artwork in the gallery for March! Ann specializes in appropriation art and collages.
Stay tuned for our April + May artist: Brenda Hounshell!
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening, be sure to follow us on our Facebook page and check out our new WDG website!
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
(+1% from YTD2018)
(-1 from YTD2018)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+6% from YTD2018)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+5% from YTD2018)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-19% from YTD2018)
our new listings
104 Valley View Ave
Valley View Estates
2881 Taylor Spring Lane
3.13 The Valley Dish VI @ Rocktown Kitchen [map]
3.15 Empty Bowls for Nasaruni @ Harrisonburg High School [map]
3.21 March Mix & Mingle @ Hotel Madison [map]
3.22-24 Disney’s Beauty and the Beast @ EMU [map]
3.30 Top Chef Harrisonburg 2019 @ Bluestone Vineyards [map]
3.30 Plant Swap at Pale Fire @ Pale Fire Brewing Co. [map]
3.30 Community Theater Fest @ Court Square Theater [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
Call or text → 540-421-3179
Copyright © 2019 The Harrisonburg Homes Team, Kline May Realty, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
The Harrisonburg Homes Team, Kline May Realty
83 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801