- A Little Bit Gilded is opening on August 7th in the Agora Downtown Market. It will be the second location of Gilded, a Lynchburg gift shop offering a wide selection of cards and gifts. Make sure to stop by and welcome them to Harrisonburg in August!
- Did you know that July is National Picnic Month? Celebrate by supporting a new local pop-up picnic company! Timeless Picnics and Events offers various themed packages for every occasion. Check out their Instagram to learn more!
- Look out! Recyclops is coming to town! This private recycling company is headed to the Burg and will offer various pick-up packages. Learn more on their website!
- The town of Broadway has plans to purchase and renovate a historic building on Main Street for a multi-use theater.
- The north end of the Friendly City has exciting things coming! There are plans in the works for a new market and event space. Stay tuned as details unfold.
- The section of North Liberty Street in front of Magpie Diner has become a one-way street. Be on the lookout for parking changes throughout Harrisonburg as well!
- Grab some friends and head to Ralph Sampson park to play some Futsal on the newly installed courts! Don’t worry, we had to look it up too—it’s like a paired-down version of soccer on a hard court.
- James Madison University will be returning to 100% capacity for their sporting events! And don’t miss Atlantic Union Bank Center’s opening show with the Harlem Globetrotters in August.
from the blog
We had a chance to sit down and chat with the new president and CEO of the Harrisonburg and Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, Chris Quinn. Read our in depth interview to learn more about Chris and all that he brings to the businesses in our community.
We’re excited to host our First First Fridays Reception (since March 2020!) July 2nd from 5-8pm for Greg Versen’s photography exhibit. Join us!
We’ve seen an increase of new listings this May (18% up from last May) and the average days on market continue to drop across the board. 1160 homes went under contract within 30 days (last 12 months) – that’s 39% up from last year. 30% of total sales in the last 12 months were over final asking price.
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
Sales: 1,572 | (+18% from ’19-’20)
Contracts: 1,904 | (+20% from ’19-’20)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE: $250,000 | (+9% from ’19-’20)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT: $146 | (+11% from from ’19-’20)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET: 37 | (-29% from ’19-’20)
Chris is an associate broker at Kline May Realty. He began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of the local Salvation Army chapter and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife, two boys, and his family’s beloved schnoodle (miniature schnauzer + poodle), Sadie.