- Vito’s Italian Market will be opening late this fall next to Vito’s Italian Kitchen in Harrisonburg. They’ll offer a wide variety of wine and beer, family freezer meals, pizza kits, sauces, spreads, and more!
- If you haven’t had a chance to eat at the newly opened Island Wing Company Grill & Bar, you’re missing out! Go give this new Harrisonburg restaurant some love!
- If you’re looking for something to do that combines art and downtown Harrisonburg, check out the new Art Walk! We’re honored that our historic graffiti is included in the brochure—stop on by during business hours and we’d love to show it to you!
- Second Time Around—an upscale consignment store—announced last month that they would be closing their doors after 27 years. However, someone stepped forward to buy the store, so it will be under new management in the middle of August. Stop by for some shopping and to say hello to the new owners!
- The Best.Weekend.Ever is quickly approaching! Our office and the Wilson Downtown Gallery will be open Saturday September 4th from 1-5pm. Stop in to say hi and view Justin Poole’s art show. Our marketing director Claire Wayman will be playing flute duets with Andrea Nolley from 1-2pm outside our office.
- Congratulations to James Madison University on the creation of the School of Professional and Continuing Education! This will expand their existing programming and will serve the local community as a standalone school.
- A new program between Blue Ridge Community College and James Madison University called Bridge to Madison has started. Read more about it here.
- The Arts Council of the Valley has named J.P. Gulla the new managing director of Court Square Theater. He brings a wealth of both theater and business knowledge to the position. Welcome J.P.!
- The Harrisonburg City Council has voted to resume construction of the second high school.
• Valley Open Doors has begun their Summer Shelter season in the former Red Front Supermarket location.
from the blog
We are so excited to welcome artist Justin Poole to the Wilson Downtown Gallery for August and September! Stop in during business hours to view his show entitled “Around the World and Back Again,” or join us for our opening First Fridays reception August 6th from 5-8pm.
With summer in full swing and many activities back in a more normal routine, the community is enjoying many things that were absent over the past eighteen months. At the Rockingham County Fair, we know you’ve missed the gathering, the grandstand and the midway – just to name a few! On August 16 through the 21st, the Rockingham County Fair will operate within current guidelines for a full fair experience with the theme “Meet Me At The Fair!” With timeless favorites like the animal shows, homemaking contests, midway rides and food of all kinds, as well as new acts and adventures – the fair week will not disappoint!
The Miller Family bought a school bus. The bus is done and now ready for her maiden voyage across country with the Miller family.
We’ve seen an increase of new listings this May (18% up from last May) and the average days on market continue to drop across the board. 1160 homes went under contract within 30 days (last 12 months) – that’s 39% up from last year. 30% of total sales in the last 12 months were over final asking price.
Chris is an associate broker at Kline May Realty. He began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of the local Salvation Army chapter and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife, two boys, and his family’s beloved schnoodle (miniature schnauzer + poodle), Sadie.