• Want to jump right into 2019? Valley Jump Trampoline Park has just opened off of Spotswood Trail in Penn Laird. It’s a perfect place for some good ol’ family fun or party! Hop on over to our blog post here to learn more!
• Latin’s Flavor has opened next to Rocktown Bicycles on Mason Street and offers Salvadoran, Honduran, Mexican and Caribbean comfort foods!
• Check out Marceline Vineyards! This family owned vineyard is located in Mount Crawford and offers a selection of red and white wines, chocolate, and snacks.
• Shen Valley Magazine has just released their first issue! Highlighting the community and culture of the Shenandoah Valley, Shen Valley is worth the read for its beautiful photos and interesting content! Interested? Subscribe here.
• The long awaited Rockingham Park at Crossroads has set a date for their grand opening: June 1st! The 64-acre park in Penn Laird will feature multipurpose fields, baseball and softball fields, playgrounds, a splash pad, amphitheater, walking trails, and an indoor recreation center.
• Summit Community Bank has just opened a new location on Stone Spring Road.
• Verizon Wireless has also opened a new location on Stone Spring Road.
from the blog
Valley Jump Trampoline Park
Valley Jump Trampoline Park has just opened off of Route 33 in Penn Laird. Jump into the new year with 7,000 square feet of trampolines in their brand new space! They are a family owned and operated company and live in the community.
Find out more>>>
Coming Up: Rocktown Beer & Music Festival
The Rocktown Beer & Music Festival is coming up in April! Tim Brady, Founder and General Manager of Pale Fire Brewing, is a guest on the blog to share more about the event and offer a special discount to Harrisonblog readers!
Learn more about the festival and artists >>>
We’ve wrapped up another year in Real Estate! Houses are hitting the market, going under contract quickly, and for more money (up 6% from last year, averaging $123 for the price per square foot)! Learn more about our Market Report!
See more now >>
wilson downtown gallery
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Rachel Burchfield Solo Show
We are excited to continue to host Rachel Burchfield’s artwork in the gallery for January! Rachel specializes in acrylic pour art and we’re excited to be able to showcase such colorful pieces for a good cause!
Learn more about Rachel >>
Join us Friday January 4th from 5-8pm!
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening, be sure to follow us on our Facebook page and check out our new WDG website!
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
(+2% from YTD2017)
(+3% from YTD2017)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+7% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+6% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-17% from YTD2017)
1.04 First Fridays Downtown @ Downtown Harrisonburg [map]
1.12 6th Anniversary Celebration @ Brothers Craft Brewing [map]
1.13 Wine and Chocolate Pairing Party @ Bluestone Vineyard [map]
1.13 Secondhand Snags @ Hotel Madison [map]
1.16 Succulent Cocktail Workshop @ Arey Assembly Hall [map]
1.18-21 Wellness Weekend: A Whole Health Retreat @ Hotel Madison [map]
1.22 Roller Derby 101 @ Funkys Skating [map]
1.26 Winter Festivus @ The Friendly Fermenter [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
Call or text → 540-421-3179