The Word On The Street – 6.12.19
• Kline’s Dairy has a new food truck neighbor! Say hello to The Smokin’ Grill! They offer a variety of BBQ options including chicken, pulled pork, and briskets.
• .Lil’ Guss’ (a sister restaurant to Jess’) has opened in Grottoes.
• The soon-to-open Sipe Center in Bridgwater has recently announced their 2020 season! Some highlights include The Hunts (Nov. 1st, 2019), 3 Redneck Tenors (April 2020), and various plays by touring theater groups. Check out all their upcoming events here!
• Merck is planning a large expansion to its Elkton plant.
• Don’t miss your chance to buy a raffle ticket for this year’s Friendly City Fortune raffle! You can purchase tickets here, and join in the fun on the Fourth of July during the drawing.
• One thing we love about summer is all the fun town lawn parties! For the dates of Rockingham’s summer festivities, click here!
• The School Board has taken steps to more forward with the building of the second high school in Harrisonburg. Learn more about the ongoing process here.
• It’s summer and if you’re wanting a fun way to cool off with the kids, check no further than Westover Pool’s new Splash Pad!
• JMU’s Lady Dukes softball team beat out the University of Michigan and advanced to the super regionals for the second time in program history.
• We’re sad to say goodbye to John Ros, the Director and Chief Curator of the Duke Hall Gallery at JMU, but are excited to welcome Beth Hinderliter, Assistant Professor for cross disciplinary studies in the School of Art, Design & Art History at JMU.
• Now you can look forward to tailgating season even more now! JMU is now offering beer sales at their home football games!
• If you’ve stopped in for a cuppa joe at the coffee shop in Hotel Madison recently, you’ve probably noticed that they have had a name change! They are now Grace and Main.
• Downtown Wine & Gourmet just closed at the end of May.
from the blog
It’s A Win-Win:
Friendly City Fortune 2019
Get ready to welcome back Harrisonburg’s biggest Raffle of the year! The Friendly City Fortune is back again on July 4th for your chance to win some amazing prizes and cash! Read on for more details and a few changes from last year…
Learn more now >>>
We’re in the busy spring real estate market! Our area’s low inventory is reflected in these numbers, and that’s also why we are seeing average days on market continue to drop and prices rise. Although we’re seeing our comparative month and YTD sales and under contracts drop, we are seeing a slight rise in those categories over the past 12 months.
See more now >>
wilson downtown gallery
JUNE + JULY//
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Jean Carter Kimble
We are excited to welcome Jean Carter Kimble, a pastel artist that hails from Front Royal, to the Gallery for the months of June and July! Jean enjoys painting the natural around her, and has written a women’s studies book highlighting her paintings of Biblical Women entitled “The Rich, The Poor, and The Naked.”
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening, be sure to follow us on our Facebook page and check out our new WDG website!
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
(+3% from YTD2018)
(+1 from YTD2018)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+5% from YTD2018)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+5% from YTD2018)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-13% from YTD2018)
6.09 Just Jazzin’ @ Duke Lawn JMU [map]
6.09-16 Shenandoah Valley Bach Festival @ EMU [map]
6.13 Baroque Academy Faculty Concert @ Asbury Methodist [map]
6.14 Ladies Showcase @ Pale Fire Tap Room [map]
6.15 African American Cultural Festival @ Ralph Sampson Park [map]
6.18 CatVideoFest 2019 @ Court Square Theater [map]
6.21 The Walking Roots Band @ Clementine [map]
6.20 World’s Largest Swimming Lesson @ Westover Pool [map]
6.22 Open House @ Mount Crawford Creamery [map]
6.22 69th Annual Lawn Party @ Keezletown Ruritan Club [map]
6.23 Music From Across the Pond @ Court Square Theater [map]
6.28 Toast the Weekend @ Bluestone Vineyard [map]
6.28 Run, Sweat, & Beers! @ Brothers Craft Brewing [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.