- Hot off the proverbial presses—explore February’s Market Report numbers in our interactive dashboard!
- Your Pie—the much anticipated pizza chain in Penn Laird—will be celebrating their grand opening March 20th. Stop by and try a slice (or a whole pie!)
- Bowl & Spoon—a bibimbap restaurant—is coming to Kate’s Natural Products on University Blvd. What’s bibimbap, you might ask? It’s a delicious Korean rice dish topped with various veggies, proteins, and sauces.
- The Cat Cafe trend has hit Harrisonburg! Cat’s Cradle has started Coffee & Cats—two colorful and fun rooms to rent to play with lovable kitties from two local animal shelters. Book your session Saturdays between 10am and 4:30pm.
- A week full of tasty delights and discounts celebrating Virginia’s first culinary district—Taste of Downtown is back March 9th-15th!
- After rebranding, Just Love Coffee & Tea (now known as Just Java Coffee & Tea) will be reopening March 18th.
- Green Hummingbird, the fair trade clothing store in downtown Harrisonburg will be opening up a second location in The Dayton Market in April.
- Sparrow’s Flowers moved to a bigger and brighter space on N. Main Street in downtown Harrisonburg. Adding some fern to the flowers is the e-commerce plant shop The Plant House, who is sharing the sunlit space.
- A staple of the Agora Downtown Market—Lineage Goods has just announced they will be moving their production facility north up the street by the new Sage Bird Ciderworks and The Perch Workspace. Don’t worry, their retail shop in Agora will continue selling durable goods and accessories.
- Previously nestled in the back of withSimplicity, Restorative Massage Therapy has recently moved to a new location on Neff Ave.
- Court Square in Harrisonburg has seen some recent changes! The First Presbyterian Church is building a courtyard next door that will include a grassy area, stage, and detachable screen.
- Rising above the Harrisonburg Crossing shopping area, Harrisonburg’s newest hotel—Hyatt Place—is expected to open in September.
- After serving the local community for over 60 years, Red Front Supermarket has announced they are shutting their doors permanently once their remaining inventory has been sold. They are keeping their Facebook page active to allow patrons to share photos and memories.
Jess’ Downtown Restaurant served their last customers on February 12th. They closed in order to spend more time with their family. Lil’ Gus’ in Grottoes continues to be open if you’re hankering for an old fashioned hot dog
from the blog
If you’ve passed thru the heart of downtown Bridgewater recently, you might have noticed a new cafe on Main Street. Sugar & Bean Cafe, the newest cafe in Bridgewater, is now open and serving breakfast, lunch, coffee, and smoothies.
Learn more about Sugar & Bean >>>
Don’t miss out on anther great ValleyFest Beer & Wine Festival coming up in May! Hosted at Massanutten Resort with all proceeds benefiting the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, ValleyFest offers great music, food, drinks, and fun for the whole family!
Read more >>>
Keeping up with the local real estate chatter? Does it give you more questions than answers? The Harrisonburg Homes Team breaks down the numbers and explains what they mean in our interactive February 2020 market report. Explore the numbers now >>>
wilson downtown gallery
We are so pleased to have watercolorist Kelli Hertzler displaying her art in the Wilson Downtown Gallery This show “Colors of the Blue Ridge” highlights the many moods of the mountains along with other pieces of her work.
Join us for our First Fridays reception March 6th from 5-8pm.
Read more >>>
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening, be sure to follow us on our Facebook page and check out our new WDG website!
real estate market brief (12 months) More Market Trends
(+3% change from last 12 months 2018)
(+3% change from last 12 months 2018)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+5% from last 12 months 2018)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+4% from last 12 months 2018)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-12% from last 12 months 2018)
3.06 First Fridays @ Downtown [map]
3.07 HEF Annual Gala @ JMU Festival Center [map]
3.08 International Women’s Day @ White Oak Lavender Farm [map]
3.9-15 Taste of Downtown Harrisonburg @ Downtown [map]
3.14 Masquerade Salsa Party @ CrossKeys Vineyards [map]
3.16 A Cappella Live! @ Forbes Center [map]
3.19 Trivia Night @ CrossKeys Vineyards [map]
3.21 Shamrock 5K Trail Run @ Hillandale Park [map]
3.22 SVYS Concert @ C.K. Lehman Auditorium [map]
3.28 DownStage! DownTown! @ Court Square Theater [map]
3.28 Top Chef Harrisonburg 2020 @ Bluestone Vineyard [map]
3.28 Rocktown Author Festival @ Massanutten Regional Library [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys. Copyright © 2020 The Harrisonburg Homes Team, Kline May Realty, All rights reserved