• The weather is starting to warm up and it’s making us think of Summer! What better way to get in the mood than trying out a new ice cream place. Elkton Creamery has just opened!
• All Spruced Up has recently opened up in the Shenandoah Heritage Market and offers boutique women’s apparel.
• Habana Cafe is taking the place of the Artful Dodger on Court Square and will offer Cuban-American style dishes.
• Dreaming of getting the grill out? Prime Cuts and Seafood has opened in The Dayton Market and offers custom cut top shelf steak, burgers, shrimp, and seafood—perfect for your warm weather grilling needs!
• Looking for a fun downtown activity to try? Massanutten Regional Library has launched StoryWalk—an interactive and active way to read a book while exploring downtown Harrisonburg!
• Due to changes in the recycling program in the city of Harrisonburg, the Public Works Department has implemented a Mobile Recycling Unit. Learn more and view where it will be here!
• Construction downtown in Harrisonburg will begin soon as the Downtown Streetscape project continues.
• East Rockingham County has partnered with Massanutten Resort to bring the first-ever Restaurant Week!
• Join in the fun during the EPIC Fest Beer & Wine Festival in Elkton on May 18th!
• Harrisonburg City Schools welcome a new superintendent!
from the blog
Check out more behind the scenes pictures of our exciting graffiti project and learn a bit more about our journey to reveal the 1890s graffiti in our office! Join us May 3rd at 5:30 for the official unveiling!
See more >>>
We’re in the busy spring real estate market! We’re seeing pending listings spike and average price per square foot continue to rise. As a result of low inventory, the average days on market continue to drop across the board. Houses are hitting the market and going under contract quickly.
See more now >>
wilson downtown gallery
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Brenda Hounshell
We are very excited to welcome watercolor artist Brenda Hounshell back to the Gallery for her exhibit on the theme of Glass. Join us on Friday May 3rd from 5-8pm for our First Fridays artist reception!
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening, be sure to follow us on our Facebook page and check out our new WDG website!
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.