• Klines Dairy Bar is getting a sweet new neighbor! Freedom Funnel Cakes will be parking their truck next to the downtown Kline’s location. Feel good as you enjoy your sweet treat; Freedom Funnel Cakes is veteran owned and operated!
• The next time you grab some popcorn and sit down for a movie or performance at Court Square Theater, you’ll be able to enjoy the newly installed seats!
• JMU has broke ground on the new basketball arena that is scheduled to complete construction in the fall of 2020. It will be called the Union Bank & Trust Center and will seat 8,500 for basketball games and has the possibility for extra floor seating for larger events.
• The Bridgewater town council met in May to discuss The Sipe Center—a 200 seat movie theater and community space to begin construction in 2020.
• Love to get around town using non-vehicular transportation? Well, you’re in luck! There is talk of creating a shared use path to connect Harrisonburg High School to Bluestone Elementary and Hillandale Park to Thomas Harrison Middle School!
• After 28 years of live music with Fridays on the Square, the Citizens for Downtown are holding the final celebratory concert on Friday June 22nd. Come hear Bryan Elijah Smith & The WildHearts and The Nighthawks!
• It’s-a the last a-pizza pie…Franco’s Pizza has closed on Burgess Road.
from the blog
Summer Fun: Mini-Golf and Disc-Golf
It’s almost summer, folks! Lounging by the pool, vacation, and time with friends and family…we can hardly wait! Another great way to celebrate the nice weather with friends? Mini-golfing and disc-golfing! We’ve compiled a list of area courses to go mini and disc golfing – so grab the kids, your favorite visor, and head outside! Read more >>>
Harrisonblog’s Summer Preview
It’s time to start planning for your summer! With the warmer weather, we’re dreaming of summer festivals and time by the water. We’ve scouted out some of the best summer activities in the Harrisonburg and Rockingham area to keep you entertained all summer long! Read on for just a taste of some of our favorite area summer events, lawn parties, and music festivals! See them here >>>
JUNE + JULY //
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Allen Litten
We are excited to host some of Allen Litten’s favorite images in the Wilson Downtown Gallery in June and July! Allen Litten worked as a photojournalist for almost 54 years at the Daily News-Record and currently works as a freelance photographer for the Heritage Museum in Dayton and the Auxiliary Unit of the Harrisonburg Police Department.
Join us Friday June 1st from 5-8pm. Read more >>
Wilson Downtown Gallery
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening over here, be sure to like the Wilson Downtown Gallery Facebook page.
real estate market brief
(+2% from YTD2017)
(-1% from YTD2017)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+7% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+22% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-25% from YTD2017)
06.02 Community Cookout @ Ralph Samson Park [map]
06.07 Game Night @ Brothers Craft Brewing [map]
06.08 A Cider Dinner in the Orchard @ Showalters [map]
06.09-10 VOICE: Songs of Hollywood @ Court Square Theater [map]
06.14 Free Community Yoga @ Shenandoah Yoga [map]
06.16 School’s Out for the Summer Pool Party @ Westover Pool [map]
06.22 Fridays Finale Concert @ Court Square [map]
06.23 Salsa Under the Stars @ Crosskeys Vineyard [map]
click for more information.
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.