Like to be in the loop with local happenings? Need interesting tidbits to drop in conversation to impress your friends and co-workers? We’ve compiled some new eats, treats, and events in and around the Burg. Be sure to give us a “like” on Facebook!
• Freedom Freeze Italian Ice has opened up in the old Dream Cone location right on Court Square. Veteran owned and operated, they serve a fun selection of authentic Italian ices and if you’re looking for something creamier, they also offer ice cream! Check out our blog post on them here!
• It’s finally happened! The long awaited grand opening of Aldi’s has come! The popular German discount grocery store opened their doors in Harrisonburg on Sept 6th.
• Located in the newly opened Hotel Madison, the Montpelier Restaurant & Bar will be opening at the end of September and will serve signature styles of Southern cuisine.
• We love us some good coffee—so we’ve been waiting on tenterhooks for news on Chestnut Ridge Coffee Roasters—and they now have a website! Check it out and sign up for their newsletter to keep informed on their opening later in September.
• Our friends at Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance have recently moved from the Hardisty-Higgins house to the Ice House.
• Does the option of someone else shopping and dropping off your groceries sound enticing? Well—Kroger is now offering a service where you can order online and then have your groceries dropped off curbside!
• The town of Bridgewater has been testing out a trial run of B-There (think of it like Uber or Lyft for Bridgewater residents—but it’s free!)
• Sad that summer’s almost over? Well—start looking forward to next summer because Westover Pool is getting a makeover and a new splash pad will be ready by opening day 2019!
• Dancing with the Stars of the Burg contestants have just been revealed—check out the list here!
from the blog
Freedom Freeze: Italian Ice
Freedom Freeze Italian Ice has moved into the old Dream Cone location right on Court Square in downtown Harrisonburg. Owned and operated by the same people as Freedom Funnel Cakes, this establishment is Veteran owned and operated and serves Gino’s authentic Italian Ice from Brooklyn, New York. Vegan Friends rejoice! Their Italian Ices are 100% vegan! Want something a bit creamier of a treat? They also serve Garber’s traditional ice cream! The owner and Marine Corp veteran Mel Shtanko was kind enough to share some more about the newest frozen treat in town! Read on >>>
wilson downtown gallery
Wilson Downtown Gallery: Defy the Machine
We are excited to once again welcome photographers Joe Fitzgerald and AJ Morey to the gallery for their joint show “Defy the Machine.” Machine is a metaphor describing the way persons or systems work (methodical, relentless, efficient, tireless). These photographs capture how we defy, embrace or even create the machine. Read more >>
Join us Friday September 7th from 5-8pm.
Wilson Downtown Gallery
You can always stop by the gallery at 83 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, during our regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) and during special events, but to be in the loop on what’s happening over here, be sure to like the Wilson Downtown Gallery Facebook page.
real estate market brief
(+9% from YTD2017)
(+19% from YTD2017)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+8% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(-1% from YTD2017)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-7% from YTD2017)
09.07 First Fridays Downtown @ Downtown Harrisonburg [map]
09.08 Teachers 1/10th Marathon @ Bluestone Bike & Run [map]
09.08 Broadway-Timberville Autumn Festival @ Broadway [map]
09.12 Zero Waste @ Friendly City Food Co-op [map]
09.15 Fall Festival @ Generations Park [map]
09.19 The Basics of Wine Tasting @ Friendly City Food Co-op [map]
09.22 Fee Free Entry @ Shenandoah National Park [map]
09.28-10.06 Fall Plant & Bulb Sale @ Edith J. Carrier Arboretum [map]
09.29 Harrisonburg International Festival @ Downtown H’burg [map]
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
Call or text → 540-421-3179
Copyright Â© 2018 The Harrisonburg Homes Team, Kline May Realty, All rights reserved.