- We’ve just launched a weekly series on homes that sold in Harrisonburg and Rockingham in the previous week. We include a couple of takeaways to help you stay on top of the area’s real estate market. Look for it on the Harrisonburg Homes Team Facebook page Tuesday mornings!
- Nestled by the Ice House in Harrisonburg, Dart Resale and Trade has recently opened. This small but sweet thrift and vintage shop started as a pop-up cart in 2019. Check out our new post about them on Harrisonblog to learn more!
- Don’t want to cook? No problem! Your Dinner, a grab-and-go spot for delicious lunch and dinner options, recently opened in Bridgewater’s North River Marketplace. You can also check out Radella’s for freshly grown and canned produce or PrePOPsterous for delicious popcorn snacks or desserts, all located in the North River Marketplace.
- Although we’re sad to see Laughing Dog’s store front close, we’re excited that Jack Browns has moved in and is making great use of the space with added seating. Stop by for a burger and check it out!
- We love when two women-owned businesses join up to create something truly special. New Creation will be opening a little shop in withSimplicity on November 1st.
- Although we don’t have too many details just yet, Broad Porch Coffee has hinted that they’ve found a great spot for their second location! Make sure to follow them on social media to stay in the loop.
- Our favorite downtown deli is now serving breakfast sandwiches! Lola’s Delicatessen is now opening at 7:30am for call-in, curbside, or walk-up orders. Got a hankering for breakfast-for-lunch? Don’t worry, their breakfast menu is served all day. Check it out here!
- Fall is a great time to pick up those knitting needles or crochet hook and start (or finish) a project! Rocktown Yarn is opening in November in the Agora Market and will be sure to satisfy any new yarn cravings. Check out their Instagram for updates.
- Previously known as the Stonewall Jackson Inn, this quaint bed & breakfast has re-branded as the Friendly City Inn.
• The Harrisonburg Free Clinic has been a staple of downtown Harrisonburg for 30 years. We are saddened to hear that it will be closing at the end of December. You can read their letter on their website.
The Miller Family bought a school bus. Follow along on their journey as they convert it to a skoolie. Read the first installment now >>>
A new thrift store has popped up in Harrisonburg nestled by the Ice House on Liberty Street. Named after the fold often sewn into clothing to give it shape, Dart Resale and Trade began as a pop-up shop in 2019, fondly referred to as the Dart Cart. Although the footprint of the store is small, the layout ensures easy browsing, and the selection is surprisingly robust. Read more about Dart >>>
Check out September’s Market Report! Inventory is still very low in Harrisonburg and Rockingham. 887 homes went under contract within 30 days – that’s up 19% from last year. 307 homes sold over asking price – that’s a whopping 22% of total sales. View more of the market report >>>
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
Call or text 540-421-3179