- There’s nothing better than cooling off on a hot summer’s day with a refreshing (and energizing!) beverage. Hydro-Quenchers—celebrating their soft opening this weekend on Forest Hill Road—will offer a wide variety of high-energy coffees and drinks. Check out their Facebook page to stay in the loop.
- A new Mexican restaurant—Casa Gallardo Fajita Factory—has just opened on the corner of Mt. Clinton Pike and Rt 42. Want to know what others think? Check out their glowing Google reviews!
- Congratulations to Agora Downtown Market on recently celebrating 4 years in downtown Harrisonburg! The market is growing and will soon house Alakazam Toys and Gifts, a Charlottesville gem that is expanding into Harrisonburg.
- Tare Apothecary and Refillery is coming to Harrisonburg! No details yet—but follow them on Instagram to keep in the loop.
- The Arts Council of the Valley has voted to reopen Court Square Theater! Do you have a passion for the arts and programming? They’re currently hiring a Managing Director.
- The Rocktown School of the Arts—a pop-up arts summer camp—is offering visual and performing arts camps this summer. Want more kids summer camps and activities? Check out our blog on Harrisonblog!
- Harrisonburg has announced their new Chief of Police—Kelley Warner.
- A new shared-use path has broken ground on the west side of Harrisonburg. It will be two miles long and a 10-foot wide paved path.
from the blog
Happy start of Summer 2021 all! After a very unusual and trying month, this summer is starting to look a little bit more ‘back to normal,’ which means the return of some great kids camps and activities! We’ve compiled some fun local ideas to do with kids during the summer in and around Harrisonburg!
Don’t miss out on another great ValleyFest Beer & Wine Festival coming up in September! Hosted at Massanutten Resort with all proceeds benefiting the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, ValleyFest offers great music, food, drinks, and fun for the whole family!
We’ve seen an increase of new listings this April (10% up from last April) and the average days on market continue to drop. Inventory is still low, and 451 homes sold over asking price in the last 12 months.
We’re excited to welcome award-winning photographer Greg Versen to the WDG for June and July! Come visit his show on Mathews County and the New Point Comfort Lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay. The gallery is open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm at 83 S. Main Street in Downtown Harrisonburg.
real estate market brief (last 12 months)
Sales | 1,575 (+15% from ’19-’20)
Contracts | 1,874 (+15% from ’19-’20)
Median Sales Price | $250,000 (+9% from ’19-’20)
Average Price/Sq Ft | $144 (+10% from from ’19-’20)
Average Days on the Market | 39 (-28% from ’19-’20)
Chris is an associate broker at Kline May Realty. He began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of the local Salvation Army chapter and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife, two boys, and his family’s beloved schnoodle (miniature schnauzer + poodle), Sadie.