- Green Hummingbird Fair Trade clothing has recently opened a second location at the Dayton Market. Their original location on Main Street in Downtown Harrisonburg has been selling fair trade clothing and accessories for a couple of years. You can check out their online shop or visit them at either location.
- Summer and seafood make a great combination. Elkton has a new seafood purveyor! Make sure to check out E & B Crabs for all of your summer seafood needs.
- Habana Cafe on Court Square is re-branding itself to become Dukes Bar & Grill. Dukes is open late (2am) and will have an outdoor bar area. Have some cool local sports paraphernalia laying around? Display it at Dukes! Contact them for more details.
- The Friendly City Food Co-op has started work on their highly anticipated expansion! Check out pictures and keep up to date on their Facebook page.
- The Agora Market has a new retailer! Shenandoah Hemp Supply offers hemp and CBD products. You can shop online or visit their new space in Agora.
- A downside of summer is that it is also construction season. It’s hard to know what streets might be closed, or what detour you might have to take. Well— now you don’t have to wonder! The City of Harrisonburg is now using Populus Street Manager to help residents know where construction zones are.
- The section of Federal Street between Newman and Elizabeth has been converted to a shared use path for pedestrians and cyclists. This section of the path is planned to connect the Northend Greenway to the Bluestone Trail.
- The Isle Co is moving their retail shop from the Agora Market to a combined production and retail facility near Massanutten.
- Interested in venturing out to eat and curious about what restaurants are open? Check out the resource Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance has put together. Thanks HDR!
- Court Square Theater has temporarily closed. Read their statement here.
- The Nest Yoga + Fitness Studio closed their studio space.
Our next door neighbor, Sabor A Mexico, has closed. We’ll miss you!
from the blog
Check out May’s Market Report! We’re seeing decreases across the board in new listings, sales, and contracts as compared to last year. However, the days on market continue to drop, and we’re seeing a rise in the average price per square feet.
View more of the market report >>>
wilson downtown gallery
real estate market brief (12 months)
(no change from last 12 months 2018)
(-2% from last 12 months 2018)
MEDIAN SALES PRICE
(+7% from last 12 months 2018)
AVERAGE PRICE/SQ FT
(+6% from last 12 months 2018)
AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET
(-20% from last 12 months 2018)
Chris began his real estate career in 2003 with the vision of creating a residential sales team that works together to offer home buyers and sellers extraordinary customer service. He manages the activities of the team, and works directly with buyers and sellers. He loves where he works and lives – which is exemplified by his service on the boards of Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Belmont Civic Association. When he is not tending the business, he enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his wife and two boys.