The Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce is excited to help your business celebrate your Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting or Groundbreaking Ceremony. As you prepare, below are some tips and suggestions to help you execute an excellent event! Looking forward to celebrating your event!
- To have a Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce representative present, your company must be a member of the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce. Click Here to join.
- Events must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- If you are in the process of joining the Harrisonburg-Rockingham, your event will not be scheduled until membership payment is received. Once received, your event must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- A Chamber representative will only be present at one event per day.
- A Chamber representative can only attend during Chamber business hours 8:30 – 5 p.m.
- The Chamber observes holiday hours and will not be able to attend from Dec. 20 – Jan. 8.
- The Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce staff cannot attend on weekends, holidays or anytime the Chamber is closed.
- If James Madison University is closed due to inclement weather, our staff will not attend the scheduled event.
- To confirm your date please contact, email@example.com
- The company is responsible for all external promotion of their event. The Chamber encourages the company to post their event on the Events Calendar with your ChamberMaster log-in. (if you need assistance with your log-in contact, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your company is encouraged to provide an event invitation. Check out www.canva.com for free graphic design software. Please share a .jpg of the invitation to email@example.com.
In order to enhance the success of your event, the Chamber can help you with providing the following:
- Large scissors and red ribbon for your event
- A Chamber staff person, if available
- A mention in a weekly e-newsletter, Chamber Connector about your event to a list of more than 3500 individuals.
Note: If your event does not abide by any of the above guidelines, the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce is not required to provide you with any of the items listed above.